Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Dream Diary #4

I'm not sure if this makes it better or worse but I watched Doctor Who's "A Good Man Goes To War" right before I went to bed and my subconscious went haywire.


It all started on a school trip, (I'm constantly going to school in my dreams despite the fact that I haven't gone to a regular school in like 4 years.)  Everything was going fine, we were exploring a small island, some of us for the first time, seeing exciting new animals, meeting new people. But some of us weren't content to stay with the group...

Myself and one other (Whose face I don't recall but I remember calling him Nick and that he was British soo I'm pretty sure he was Nick Moran...) were bored with what we were seeing so we left the group and found a little fun of our own (I should also mention that I'm usually a complete slut in my dreams...) 

After our personal adventure we made our way back to the group as they continued their way through a museum. As the day wore on I found myself going slower and slower, too tired to move...

My classmates noticed it before I did, my stomach had swollen to ten times it's normal size. Placing my hands on my belly, I immediately knew what was happening... I was with child. But how could I be? My stomach had been perfectly flat this morning. At least up until Nick and I ran off and... It couldn't be, I kept telling myself. I've contracted some rare disease that was causing my body to swell...

I was put upon a charter plane to the nearest hospital so I could be examined ASAP. As I was trying to board the small water plane, several men in jet-black suits wound their way down to the dock the plane rested aside. My teacher slipped the pilot a wad of bills and the pilot took off immediately while, as I could see from the window, my classmates fought the men away from the dock until we were safely out of range.

We reached the hospital too late, I was already having contractions. There was no arguing it now, I was pregnant, but how or with what I didn't know.

After several hours of pushing and screaming, my daughter was born. The doctors, against my will, took her for examination. I was discharged from the hospital and put up in a hotel a block away. I stood out on the balcony, thinking of the small face I had only gotten a glimpse of, what I saw had been more beautiful than you could imagine...

The door behind me opened, Nick and the rest of my class had gotten a flight to the city not long after I had left. I wasn't sure about the others but Nick looked worse for wear from his scuffle with the men in black.

"Who were they?" I asked.

"I don't know for sure... They said... Well they said some weird stuff. Like, they needed to get you back, you
shouldn't have been allowed to leave in the first place."

"Allowed to leave what?"

"No clue. But they won't be saying anything else any time soon," he said with a devilish grin. "They're a bit... tied up back on the island. Small issue with some fishing nets."

Before either of us could say anything else, one of the doctors from the hospital arrived at the door.

"I'm sorry," he said. "But the child cannot be returned to you."

"What?! You can't keep her from me! She's my daughter! I have every right to her!"

"You would... If you were human. Curiously fast how she came about isn't it?" He gulped, unsure of himself.

"Your daughter is going to be studied. As will the two of you. Agents from HWS (Home World Security) will be collecting you shortly. I implore you not to fight them, they have been authorized to use deadly force." He left the room without another word.

I collapsed on the bed... What did he mean not human? Why was HWS coming for me? Was was my daughter? How am I-- "Let's go get her." Nick said suddenly, derailing my train of thought.

"How?!" I shrieked at him. "They have her locked up in the hospital. Even if we made it out of here and down to the hospital, we'd have no way in."

"Why can't we use this?" He held up a key card, a huge grin spread across his face. "I nicked it off our mousy friend, he didn't even notice or he was too scared to react." He roared with laughter.

"You should have--"

"They shouldn't have taken our daughter!"

I took a moment to collect myself, he was right, after all. "Let's go get her."

It wasn't hard getting out of the hotel, security had evidently not been alerted, we just walked right out of the door. The journey to the hospital wasn't as easy. Less than ten feet from the hotel we spotted several more of the black suited men trudging up the street. "HWS." Nick and I whispered at the same time.

We ducked into and alley just in time to avoid the agents. As soon as they passed we tiptoed out. We headed toward the hospital as fast as we could without running. We were almost there... I could see the two HWS agents standing guard at the door.

"STOP RIGHT THERE!" A voice screamed. "I said STOP."

I turned slowly towards the voice, only to see it coming from a small woman facing the other way. She was screaming at several kids who had taken to climbing the construction scaffolding that climbed up the side of the hospital.

Everyone was stopped, staring. The guards from the door had come over to see what the commotion was. This was it, our only chance. Nick and I headed towards the door and sprinted towards a set of closing elevator doors-- With my finger I stabbed the button next to the sign indicating "4 - Nursery". The elevator stated with a lurch. We had done it-- We might actually get her back.... Less than 24 hours since I had gotten pregnant and we were already on a rescue mission.

We stepped out of the elevator slowly. There was no one in the hall-- Could we really be this lucky. Nick passed the key card through the scanner next to the double doors marked "Nursery Staff Only" and pushed the door open with the lock chimed and the light changed green.

There she was. The most beautiful being I had ever seen and she was mine. I picked her up gingerly. Her hair was copper colored, her eyes were blue. "My little angel," I whispered. We heard the elevator ding again.

"We gotta go," Nick whispered, steering me towards another set of doors. The second doors led out to another hallway. "Stairs." He barely breathed the word. Indeed, there was door to the stairwell 15 yards from us, at the end of the hall. Nick slipped the baby from my arms, he would probably be able to support her better down the stairs so I didn't protest. We were already down two levels when I pulled him to a stop.

"What is it?" He asked.

"She doesn't have a proper name yet." I slipped the necklace I was wearing over my head and tucked the tiny flower it into the blankets. "Hello, Lily." The small child cooed in his arms, its tiny fist bobbing just below where the Lily Of The Valley pendant now sat. Nick smiled at me but before he could say anything a door above us slammed open.

"CATCH THEM! BRING BACK THE CHILD!"

We ran down the sitars as fast as we dared. They were gaining on us fast but we couldn't go any faster without risking our baby's safety. Finally, the last landing. We were out in the lobby, through the front doors and into the brightly lit street before anyone else noticed. The guards had abandoned their posts at the door. It was probably them that were chasing us, I fleetingly thought.

"SHIT!" Nick's scream of rage caught me off guard and I ran into his back.

I peered around there were more agents ahead of us, running towards the hospital. The spotted us before we could hide. They drew their guns. We were done for. Before I could comprehend what was happening Nick grabbed my arm and pushed me towards the construction equipment that climbed up the building like ivy. "Come on!"

We climbed fast, faster than they could anyway, up to the roof, and jumped the small gap to the top of the neighboring building. No good. Agents were already pouring from the doors to each of the roofs.

"Stop now! We don't want to kill you--"

"But you will if you have to?" Nick mocked him. "Isn't that what they always say in the movies before they shoot the helpless victim?"

"This isn't a movie, son, if you haven't noticed." The voice came from the back of the group of men.

A tiny bespectacled man in a white jacket stepped out towards us. "Do you remember me? Nick, surely you must. You were older than all of the others were when you left. You must have some memories."

Nick and I edged back from him but it was no good, we were surrounded on all sides.

"The experiment's over, come back with us and I promise no harm will come to you."

"What experiment?"

The doctor sighed. "I'm Doctor Anheim, you obviously don't remember me but I helped to raise you. You come from another world. Your parents were settlers on a small craft that crashed in New Mexico in 1947. Your parents were peaceful but they died due to injuries the sustained during the crash. You only survived thanks to the special... cradles, for lack of a better word, that you were being transported in. You were kept in a small facility known, or unknown rather, as Area 51. Humanoid in appearance we thought we'd be able to integrate you into the general population. We assumed you'd never be able to mate with humans so we weren't worried about hybrids. We obviously never thought you two would find each other. We put you on different continents for Christ sake. But you did. It's miraculous. Maybe it's in your DNA, I don't know."

"Can we get to a point?"

Dr. Anheim sighed. "The point is... Until we know how your child will age, seeing how short the pregnancy was we can only assume it will be rapid... We can't let you live among the humans. Come with us, for a year, tops. I promise you, no harm will come to you or your child."

"And if it does? What if we wish to leave."

He thought it over for a minute. "Of course. But you will have guards with you at all times to ensure nothing... unexpected happens."

"And once you're sure we're safe?"

"You make resume the lives you were living until today. If you wish. Or we could relocate you, new identities, new pasts..."

Nick clenched his jaw. One look was all I needed to know what he thought. "Okay. One year." We followed the men downstairs and back onto the street. "Ready?" Nick whispered to me, barely audible over the rumble of the cars. Most of the agents walked the other way down the street, while the doctor and the two men we had seen guarding the hospital entrance earlier took us back to the hospital.

"As I'll ever be..." I breathed back. He slipped out of his handcuffs and silently took out the guards while I sneaked behind the good doctor and in one swift moment, knocked him out and took Lily from his arms.

No one seemed to nice a thing. We walked as calmly as we could toward the dock where our pilot friend had landed us hours before. Mercifully, he was still there. Taking in the baby and my now flat stomach he said "Congratulations, young miss."

I forced a smile. "We need a ride."

"Where to?" He asked.

"Anywhere." Nick and I said together.

The pilot nodded and said "I can do that."

We took off once again to live our lives wherever we could. Wherever wouldn't have Dr. Anheim and HWS.

The End.

1 comment:

  1. See I told you weird dreams are always the best lol.

    ReplyDelete